As senior compliance consultant, I will help you to obtain international certificates for your electrotechnical products and components.
In doing so, I take most of the necessary steps off your hands and guide you through the diverse and very different procedures of international certifications.
I support you in defining the right target countries for your product.
For new products and markets, I perform market access research for you. Then you know what to do.
Advice on the standard-compliant design of electrotechnical products
For the following norms and standards, I would be happy to advise you on the design of your product with regard to the correct design in terms of safety:
|EN / IEC 60335 series 1 (Domestic appliances)|
|EN / IEC 60601 series 1 2 (active medical devices)|
|EN / IEC 60950/613863 (IT and entertainment electronics)|
|EN / IEC 61010 series 1 2 (Measuring, control and laboratory equipment)|
|EN / IEC 61851 series (charging devices for e-mobility)|
|EN / IEC 62133-1 and -2 (safety of batteries (Li-Ion and NiCd …)|
|EN / IEC 62752 (Mode 2 charging cables)|
|UL 1642 (lithium batteries)|
|UL 1998 (Standard for Software in Programmable Components)|
|UL 2054 (Standard for Household and Commercial Batteries)|
|UL 2202 2 (Standard for Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging System Equipment)|
|UL 2231-22 (Standard for Personnel Protection Systems for Electric Vehicle (EV) Supply Circuits: Particular Requirements for Protection Devices for Use in Charging Systems)|
|UL 508 (Standard for Industrial Control Equipment)|
|UL 94 (Standard for Tests for Flammability of Plastic Materials for Parts in Devices and Appliances)|
|UN 38.3 (UN transport tests for Li-Ion batteries)|
|In addition, further standards referenced in the main standards|
|1 Experience also available for corresponding UL / CSA standards)|
2 There are largely identical Canadian and Mexican standards for these standards
Because of my more than 30 years of employment at a world-renowned company in the TIC industry ( Testing, Inspection, Certifcation) also gained experience with hands on tests.
In the field of medical products (EN / IEC 60601 series) and laboratory devices (EN / IEC 61010 series) I have been responsible for testing and certifying the products for our customers for almost 20 years and worked more than 10 years in the national and partly also international standardization.
You are right with me
if you need the following services:
- International certifications according to safety standards
- International certifications according to EMC standards
- International certification of devices with built-in radio equipment or radio equipment as an independent product
- Market access research for electrotechnical products
- Maintaining the results from the carried out Market access research
- want to outsource activities that can be worked on as freelancers.
Projects carried out so far
Due to data protection aspects, I do not publish details of projects that have been carried out or are currently running.
An anonymous list of the most important projects from previous years can be provided on request.
As a rule, I have been entrusted with the following tasks in the role of coordinator of international approvals:
- Advising customers on international certification procedures
- Market access research
- Selection of certification service providers
- Project handling with foreign certification service providers
- Advice on requirements from safety standards
- Training regarding normative requirements (e.g. general requirements in UL standards)
The projects were carried out in the following areas:
- EN / IEC 61851-1 (charging cable for electric vehicles),
- EN / IEC 61851-1 (wall boxes, some with radio),
- EN / IEC 62752 (Mode 2 charging cables),
- UL 2002, UL 2231-2, UL 94, UL 1998, UL 1977, UL 583, UL 2580
- EN / IEC / UL 62368 (IT and entertainment electronics),
- Radio standards for W-Lan and cellular radio
- EN / IEC 61568-1 (LED lights, LED drivers, furniture with built-in lights),
- EN / IEC 60335-1 + EN / IEC 60335-2-15 + EN / IEC 60335-2-75 (general requirements + special requirements for devices for heating liquids + special requirements for dispensing devices and vending machines for commercial use),
I am very proud of the fact that I have always obtained the relevant approvals from customers reliably and inexpensively.
Publications and reports:
- Batteries put to the test *); Online magazine Industrieanzeiger (only in German Language)
- Newly opened battery test center *); Online magazine computer automation (only in German Language)
- Lithium-ion batteries manual *); Springer-Vieweg-Verlag (only in German Language)
- Challenges in international certification of electrotechnical products *); LinkedIn
- Challenges in international certification for the EAEU market *); LinkedIn
*) You will be linked to an external page
After completing my school education with the completion of the technical college entrance qualification, I applied for practical training as a radio and television technician.
Although it was already common at that time to write up to 50 applications in order to even get an apprenticeship position, due to my school education with a focus on electrical engineering and the good ratings with one of my first applications, I was able to get an apprenticeship position at a leading manufacturer of consumer electronics at that time. I completed this training within a shortened training period of 2.5 years as the best of my year.
As the deputy workshop manager of a 10-person workshop team, I already noticed at that time that I would like to strive for a more responsible job.
My training as a state-certified technician should, in consultation with my employer at the time, pave the way for the company’s development department. I enjoyed the school education so much that I decided to study electrical engineering at the Darmstadt University of Applied Sciences.
At that point in time I already knew which future employer I would apply to. It was an international company in the TIC industry (testing, inspection, certification).
There I started my career as an examiner for medical products and laboratory equipment. I asserted myself against other applicants for this position because of my performance, my training course and not ultimately because of the job interview.
In a short time, with increasing responsibility, I climbed the career ladder to head the Competence Center for Batteries and Fuel Cells, which I was responsible for designing and ultimately implementing together with a larger team.
My last position in the company introduced me to the world of international certification of electrotechnical products. At first it seemed like a step backwards, but I quickly realized that a wide field was opened up in which I could use the skills I had acquired so far for the customer.
The leadership of the multicultural team that carried out the international certifications together with me spurred me on.
Then the time came when I decided to work as an independent entrepreneur in the field of international certification and consulting for manufacturers of electrical engineering products in order to be able to optimally implement my ideas and processes for the benefit of customers.
Today I am happy to have taken this step!
I firmly believe that I can find optimal ways for my customers to achieve their success with market approval in target countries selected by you and can successfully accompany you on the way to international certification. In doing so, I take off the essential steps and follow the process on behalf of my customers, thereby relieving them.
Contact me NOW for a no-obligation conversation!
Subscribe to my newsletter.
You will then receive regularly updated information from the world of international certification, often at the stage of announcing changed procedures and processes.